GMHA is calling a special meeting of
our members for the purpose of electing new Directors. We have recently
experienced some resignations and are required to hold a meeting to elect new
members. The special meeting will be
held on October 6, 2021 following the completion of the Rep tryouts.
In the meantime, current board members, and GMHA’s exceptional staff have a wealth of knowledge and or experience, and we are all working behind the scenes to prepare for the quickly approaching season.
Looking for new Board Members!
Board nominations are now being accepted for GMHA Members to join the GMHA Board. There is a potential for 7 new open positions on the GMHA Board for the 2021-22 season. Minimum required are 3.
Are you interested in giving back to youth hockey and the Guelph community? Directors on the GMHA Board are volunteers who give their time and energy to support the organization and ensure that our Association operates smoothly, stays financially responsible, and continually improves the programs that we deliver to Guelph youth. The commitment includes participation in monthly board meetings, assistance with various committees and initiatives.
Roles on the Board of Directors:
- Past President**
- Director of Rep AAA*
- Director of Rep AA-MD*
- Director of House League*
- Director of Development
- Director of Risk Management
- Director of Sponsorship
- Director of Equipment
- Director of Communication
- Director At-Large
*Only members that have already served a minimum of one year on the GMHA Board of Directors are eligible to apply
**Only members elected as Vice-President elect would transition to the President, then Past President role
***The Treasurer role must be apply separately to link previously posted on August 7, 2021 and an interview process would be conducted by the GMHA Board.
If you are interested in joining the GMHA Board of Directors, please complete the 2021-22 GMHA Board of Directors Nomination Form.
- You MUST be a GMHA Member to apply. (If you are unsure of your membership status, please reach out to Bryan Smith: [email protected])
- You MUST fully complete the form and do so prior to the deadline to be eligible to join the GMHA Board.
- You MUST provide TWO nominators to support your submission and BOTH nominators MUST be GMHA Members. (If you are unsure of their membership status, please reach out to Bryan Smith: [email protected])
- DEADLINE: September 10, 2021
We are looking forward to getting the players back on the ice! Expect more communication to follow as we prepare for the season.
Original Posting on August 19, 2021